Caps for CapRescue

CQLX, rural suppliers and manufacturers have teamed up for a cause you must take your hat off to!

Anywhere you look today, you will see the unmistakable “trucker” style cap on heads of all ages!

Carly Gaukroger and Steph Frankham of CQLX said that they have become collectable items in the rural sector.

“Many businesses are getting involved and creating their own unique cap, wearing it and others proudly. We see them on here at CQLX and at other livestock sales, campdrafts, rodeos and around Australia,” said Carly.

“We are essentially becoming a walking billboard, so it only makes sense to have your brand represented on one these unique trucker caps.”

With so many people cap-tivated by this headwear, an idea hat-ched!

A call out has been made to supporters of RACQ CapRescue to donate trucker caps, which will then go on sale to raise much-needed funds for our lifesaving cause.

“This fundraising venture has been a goal of CQLX’s for some time now and the RACQ CapRescue is the perfect beneficiary, it is also added exposure to the businesses donating their caps to have their brand represented on the cap wall,” said Carly.

It has cap-tured the attention of many people across the 350,000km2 region, with businesses jumping on board as collection points.

This will all lead to the big event at CQLX during Brahman Week in early October 2023.

This sale is the largest in the southern hemisphere and will be attended by people far and wide and will be the place to throw your hat in the ring and grab some unique and much sought after caps!

RACQ CapRescue will be launching the collection on Wednesday 8th February with the contribution of a branded cap donated by GFOUR, personally signed by members of the Rescue300 Crew.

For the public, they can head to the All Breeds Bull and Female Sale, held at CQLX on the 13th of February, as the first major drop-off point for Caps for CapRescue.

Unable to make it to the sale? Collection points have been secured in Baralaba, Biloela, Emerald, Rockhampton and Theodore. A big thank you to these Businesses:

Acres Rural Baralaba Acres Rural Rockhampton Elders Emerald
Acres Rural Theodore CQLX Gracemere Heilbronns Rockhampton
Eagleshams Menswear Emerald Nutrien Ag Solution Biloela Nutrien Ag Solutions Rockhampton
GDL Rockhampton Roundyard – All Things Country Biloela  


For more information on caps that are already making their way in and maybe pick your favourite, keep an eye on @CapRescue social media. RACQ CapRescue is grateful to receive approximately 60% of our funding from the Queensland Government. The remaining 40% relies on our valuable partnerships, sponsors, events and donations from the amazing communities we service. This generosity from our supporters is as vital to RACQ CapRescue as our service is to the people of Central Queensland.